Anyone up for some Mexican cuisine tonight?? Today being Wednesday or perhaps a weekday gives you all the reasons to try this salad out as weekends usually tend to be a bit more indulging or sinful for some.
When is comes to Mexican there are two things I associate my cravings with, one being guacamole and the other being Fajitas. You know, when you are ever introduced a new cuisine you always remember the first few things that you try and you always love having them when you have a chance to, and then venture out trying other things on the menu as well.
I’m a fajita lover and it can be in any form, salads or wraps. The idea of mixing in all the veggies together with a Mexican twist is my kind of thing atleast once a week. Healthy eating with the right dressings and flavor is a perfect end to a long day that you have had and hitting the bed without the guilt factor. Nothing like it!
I’m quite excited to share the Chicken Fajita Salad recipe provided by Cantina Laredo UAE, and you have to try this out soon and sooner for it is extremely delicious and healthy.
6 oz salad mix (choice of vegetables)
1 oz tortilla soup strips
1 oz Monterey jack cheese
6½ oz chicken breast, grilled, cooked
1½ Avocado slice
2 Diced Tomatoes
2 oz choice of dressing
- Cook the chicken breast and cut it into ½ inch strips on the bias
- Place the salad mix into the bowl
- Add jack cheese on top of the salad mix
- Place the tortilla soup strips on the top of the jack cheese
- Place chicken breast on the top of the tortilla soup strips
- Place tomato wedges on the edge of the bowl at the 3 o’clock, and 9 o’clock positions
- Place one slice of an avocado on the top center of the chicken breast
- Serve immediately with guest’s choice of dressing
Serving: 2/3 people
Cantina Laredo is known to serve classic Mexican dishes in an Urban ambience. It is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and has opened its first branch in Al Khalidiyah Mall, Abu Dhabi.
**Picture and recipe provided by Cantina Laredo