Now that weekend has hit in, its time to think of all things that you have been wanting to have over the weekend. A regular trend in Dubai is to watch movies, mall strolling or perhaps window shopping and once you’ve done all of that you would want to sit and unwind the entire week with a flavorful mouth-watering Pizza/flatbread. If you don’t want to head out on the weekend and perhaps enjoy cooking at home with a glass or wine or champagne with some ambience music playing in the background and have your friends over for dinner then this is a recipe that you might want to consider. This is one of my favorite flatbread and if you are a seafood lover then this will definitely be your comfort meal.
Romano’s Macaroni grill is a casual dining chain which headquartered in Houston, Texas and has around 200 locations worldwide. It specializes in Italian-American cuisine. It is one of my favorite Italian restaurants as they cook to perfection. You certainly have to try to know it.
The flavors and the ingredients of this flatbread make me want to have it right away. Talk about shrimps and mozzarella … omnomnom!!
You can try your hands at cooking this amazing flatbread at home with the recipe shared by Romano’s Macaroni Grill UAE. What else could be better than baking your own pizza at home by a recipe provided by the restaurant itself??
1ea Flatbread Dough, Prepared (Bakery/Bread Prep)
3fl oz Pizza Sauce, Prepared (Sauces & Oils Prep)
3oz Smoked Mozzarella, Diced (Dairy Prep)
6 oz Shrimp, Prepared (Seafood Prep)
1 fl oz Saporita, Prepared (Sauces & Oils Prep)
8ea Crispy Pancetta (Meats Prep)
1/8tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Evenly spread pizza sauce over surface of flatbread, leaving a border of approximately 1” around the edge.
- Spread smoked mozzarella evenly over top of sauce.
- Evenly distribute shrimp pieces over top of flatbread.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 3 minutes or until toppings begin to brown and flat bread crust is crispy and brown.
- Remove from oven and cut in half lengthwise, then in 6 pieces crosswise, yielding 12 pieces
- CHEF’S NOTE: Crust edges should be well browned and crispy. Entire crust should be crunchy. Sprinkle top of flatbread with 1 oz saporita, 3 ea crumbled crispy pancetta pieces and 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
Happy Baking 🙂
Let me know how the flatbread turned out?? Would love to hear from you.
**Picture and Recipe provided by Romano’s Macaroni Grill UAE.